Bailey Saddleland Museum, displaying over 300 saddles from the Old West, also provides a glimpse at many aspects of life decades ago in eastern Colorado.
As Don Bailey grew up, he began collecting family saddles, neighbors' saddles, and eventually ones made by saddlemakers from all over Colorado, described in his book Saddle Strings.
The museum includes saddles made by some
of the most famous makers in America, bridles,
spurs, bits, and other rangeland memorabilia.
Bailey Saddleland Museum
20140 County Rd. 125, Simla, CO 80835
Open Memorial Day through Labor Day
by appointment call 719-541-2736 or 719-740-0658
get a map | driving directions | website
One may visit a recreated saddle shop, a homestead room, a post office, and a mechanic's shop.
For those who are interested in other forms of transportation, one can enjoy seeing antique cars, a doctor's buggy, a chuck wagon, a buckboard, and other buggies.
Don't leave "Saddleland" without a visit to the playground with equipment from years ago.
- Lincoln County Museum - Hugo, CO
- Limon Heritage Museum & Railroad Park - Limon, CO
- Arriba Museum - Arriba, CO
- Elbert County Museum - Kiowa, CO
- Bailey Saddleland Museum - Simla, CO
- Flagler Hospital Museum & Hal Borland Room - Flagler, CO
- Second Central School Museum - Flagler, CO
- Kit Carson County Carousel - Burlington, CO
- Old Town Museum - Burlington, CO
- Kit Carson Museum - Kit Carson, CO
- Cheyenne Wells Old Jail Museum - Cheyenne Wells, CO
(CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS)
- Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph Museum - Cheyenne Wells, CO